Friday, May 22, 2015

Skating Show

Lucy joined Central Iowa Figure Skating this past January. She's not learning to skate, she's mentally preparing to be the next Gracie Gold. She's taking private lessons with a coach who was on the Russian Olympic team (!) and is making great progress.

May 9th was her spring show, the recital of the ice skating world. I bought her a skating dress on ebay and decorated it with some crystals. Because, you know, that's what skate moms do. And because it's of absolute necessity that a skater sparkle as much as possible on the ice.
She was ready for the show! It was held at Buccaneer's Arena in Des Moines.

Lucy Figure Skating from Kristin York on Vimeo.

After the show, we had the opportunity to skate on the rink. Jamie and I went out. This will come as a shock, but figure skating is not among Daddy's many talents. I, on the other hand, was so good that my friend Inna who coaches with CIFS told me I should get my coaching license so I could help with the learn to skate program. Either that or they're desperate, not sure.

Lucy had made some fast friends at the show, Zoe and Lillianna, who both skate in Des Moines, not in Ames so they didn't know each other before that weekend. The girls got a little silly.

I'm thinking she probably won't be the next Gracie Gold but you never know, right? Way to go Lucy!






No comments:

Post a Comment